- Integrating heritage in the digital revolution through launching projects to digitalize the administration and services and the use of new technologies to valorize heritage such as Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR)
- The revival of material and immaterial heritage as a symbol of identity and belongingness, and making of it a public matter that Tunisians adopt it at the top of their priorities
- For heritage to become a strategic sector and among the priorities of the Government’s major orientations
- Making a paradigm shift in the heritage field and making it among the Sustainable Development
-Integrating cultural heritage into the digital revolution through launching a pilot project for the digitalization of the administration and its services and the use of new technologies such as Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR)
-Publicizing the national cultural production in all its manifestations and promoting it on a national and international scale
-Developing and diversifying the cultural services and products on a continuous basis while ensuring their quality and originality, with an emphasis on intangible heritage
-Fostering international cooperation, cultural investment, and establishing action plans and partnerships with the different institutions related to the private and public sectors and civil society.
- Contributing to the creation of a tourist, economic and ecological dynamism in the different regions through infrastructure development and the launch of initiatives aimed at animating and managing archaeological sites and creating cultural itineraries
Implementing and executing programs that seek to revive archeological heritage (62 sites, monuments and museums).
• Setting up host facilities at monuments, archaeological sites and museums and providing them with instruction and explanatory signs.
• Creating tourism and economic dynamism in various areas through archeological sites, monuments, and museums
• Securing the visits
• Preparing and implementing cultural programs and organization of events in cooperation with the various concerned departments, institutions, bodies and associations.
• Editing scientific publications on heritage promote them to foster intellectual and literary creativity.
• Making and promoting heritage-inspired products
• Promoting the dissemination of national cultural production in all its expressions, and promoting its distribution nationally and internationally
• Granting licenses for organizing recreational or commercial programs and events at historical sites and monuments, with the approval of the supervisory authority
• Contributing to the development of cultural tourism in cooperation and coordination with the various stakeholders
• Promoting national and cultural production in all its expressions, and promoting it nationally and internationally.
• Fostering investment, adopting cultural projects, and contributing to the creation of cultural industries.
• Strengthening cultural ties abroad and cultural exchange.
Archaeological sites, monuments and museums, 7 of which fall within the cultural properties registered in the UNESCO World Heritage List
Its workforce is made of
166 of which are executives
Receives more than
1 000 000 visitors yearly
1 190 716 visitors in 2019
Since its creation, the Agency has embarked on a large-scale scheme to promote projects that meet cultural, educational, environmental, social, tourist and economic ends.
The creation of the Carthage-Sidi Bou Said Archaeological Park
The restoration of the Baron d’ Erlanger’s Palace in Sidi Bou Said housing the Centre of Arab and Mediterranean Music
Restoring the famous Bardo Museum, the museums of Enfidha, Nabeul and El Jem, as well the Popular Arts and Traditions Museums of Monastir and Houmt-Souk in Jerba
The restoration of several sections of the Zaghouan to Carthage Roman Aqueduct
Enriching the museum network by creating new museums in Moknine, Chemtou, Mahdia and the Sahara Museum in Douz
Opening new sites for visitors, including Borj al-Hammamat, Tabarka, Qlibya, Borj Ghazi Mustafa, Djerba, Mahdiya, Ribat Sousse, Jbal al-Kabeer and Ribat al-Monsatir; the sites of old sections in Hawiriyah and Catacombs of Sousse; the sites of Faradi Mayus, Sidi Khalifa in Sousse; Neapolis in Nabeul; and the site of Ramadi in Gafsa
Restoration, preparation and revival of the Center for the Presentation of the History and Landmarks of the City of Tunis in Kasaba, in coordination with the National Heritage Institute
The Agency has also participated in the creation and design of museums with the coordination or for the benefit of third parties such as the National Military Museum (Ksar el Ouerda), the Mareth Line Museum, the National Guard Museum and the Film Museum